Gardaí have arrested a total of 28 people following a day of action as part of Operation Thor in the Kilkenny/Carlow division.
On Wednesday, a number of planned searches were carried out at different locations - 22 people were arrested.
The offences include fraud, theft, assault, burglary and sexual offences and threats.
The breakdown of these arrests are as follows:
- One remains in custody under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act
- Ten have been charged and bailed to appear at local district courts in the near future
- Two were charged and brought before a sitting of Carlow District Court
- Three have been charged and remanded in custody to prison
- Two were released with files being prepared for the DPP
- Three Adult Cautions were administered
- One will be a GYDO [Garda Youth Diversion Office] referral through Juvenile Office
The total number of arrests stands at 28 - as a further six people were arrested on foot of warrants.
A total of seven warrants were executed.
There were also three vehicles detained under Section 41 of the Road Traffic Act - a stolen bicycle was also recovered.
A search was also carried out conducted in Graiguenemanagh, Co Kilkenny and around €2,300 worth of fireworks were seized.