A third teenager has been arrested in connection with an attack on a US tourist on Dublin's Talbot Street last week.
57-year-old Stephen Termini suffered what were described as ‘life-changing’ injuries after he was attacked by a group of people off Talbot Street on the evening of Wednesday, July 19th.
He was taken to Beaumont Hospital where his condition was described as serious but stable.
This morning, Gardaí investigating the attack said a second teenage boy had been arrested for “an alleged offence contrary to the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act 1997”.
They said he is being held at a North Dublin Garda Station.
Shortly later, investigators said they had arrested a third teenage boy for the same alleged offence. His is also being held in north Dublin.
Separately, a 14-year-old boy who was arrested in connection with the assault last Sunday is due back in court this morning.
He appeared before a special sitting of the Children’s Court on Sunday afternoon and was remanded on bail to appear again today.