Over 90 lawsuits have been filed following a crowd surge at a Travis Scott concert last week in Houston, Texas. Nine people have died, while hundreds more were injured.
Many claimants say they are not just suffering physical harm but mental trauma as well.
Both Travis Scott and the concert’s promoter, Live Nation, have been named in the lawsuits.
On Thursday, 22 year old Bharti Shahani became the ninth person to die, having spent six days on a ventilator in a local hospital.
“God gave me a blessing, but what happens now?” Bharti’s mother, Karishma Shahani, told journalists with tears in her eyes.
“I want my baby back. I won’t be able to live without her, it’s impossible. You know what I’m saying? I’m empty here.”
In a post on social media after the event, Mr Scott described how “devastated” he was by what happened:
“I just want to send out prayers to the ones that were lost last night,” Mr Scott said.
“We’re actually working right now to identify the families, so we can help assist them through this tough time.
“You know my fans really mean the world to me. I always just want to leave them with a positive experience.”
— TRAVIS SCOTT (@trvisXX) November 6, 2021
One fan, Dishon Isaac, described how he managed to escape from the crowd surge:
“I’m making my way through the crowd, the whole time the pushing is still happening, the crushing is still happening.
“And I reach a point where I’m losing consciousness - and I look above the crowds, I don’t see an end in sight - and I just feel people pushing me from behind.
“Finally, I hit a pocket of air and at that point I just go as fast as I can through the crowd.”
Lawyers for Mr Scott have urged victims to contact them.
Main image: Travis Scott at a film premiere. Picture by: Image Press Agency/Splash News / SplashNews.com