Dog owners are being reminded to keep their pets away from chocolate this Easter weekend.
Chocolate is one of the 'human foods' that are toxic for dogs.
Dogs Trust has outlined some warning signs to look out for that your pet might have got their paws on some Easter eggs.
The symptoms can include vomiting, diarrhoea, excessive thirst, excitability, drooling, seizures and potential kidney and heart failure.
Niamh Curran-Kelly, veterinary and welfare manager at Dogs Trust Ireland, said: “Please make sure that children know their chocolate eggs are not for sharing with their furry friends.
"As toxic doses vary greatly, depending on the size of the dog and the type of chocolate ingested, if you suspect your dog has eaten any quantity of chocolate, please contact your vet for advice immediately.
"Prompt veterinary treatment can really improve a dog’s chances of making a full recovery."
Research published out in 2017 showed there was a 'heightened risk' of dogs eating chocolate at Christmas and Easter.
It showed that vets are twice as likely to see dogs with chocolate poisoning at Easter.
Dog owners have previously been advised to also keep face masks and hand sanitisers out of reach of dogs due to the risk of ingestion.