The Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan has urged people to "stay the course" and not travel over the Easter weekend.
Strict restrictions on movement remain in place over the long weekend in a bid to limit the spread of coronavirus.
Officials have warned in recent days that the current restrictions are likely to be extended beyond Sunday.
However, concerns have been raised that some people may ignore the advice to stay at home and instead travel to second homes or holiday destinations over Easter weekend.
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar today asked people to not visit a holiday home or caravan park, as it may 'spread and seed' the virus in places that haven't been affected to date.
Please do not visit a holiday home or caravan park this Easter weekend. The spread of the virus is slowing but people travelling could give it a boost - spreading it and seeding it in areas unaffected so far. Stay at home and #FlattenTheCurve
— Leo Varadkar (@LeoVaradkar) April 7, 2020
The message was echoed by Dr Holohan this evening, after the latest figures showed 36 more coronavirus-related deaths and 345 new confirmed cases here.
He said: "We need to continue to see high levels of compliance with the measures that are in place. We've reported to you a number of deaths higher any number we've given to you previously.
"The disease is still here - it still represents a risk to the population.
"We're not at a point yet where we think we're ready as a society to step back from the collective effort that we've had in place."
Dr Holohan said officials understand the impact bank holidays, isolation fatigue and good weather are having on people.
However, he said it's vital the public 'stays the course' for now.
He said: "We think it's important that we continue to double down on the measures that are in place.
"Although it's a significant ask, we are still making that ask of people."
He also praised gardaí for helping getting the public health message across and ensuring the measures are complied with.