Taoiseach Enda Kenny has called for consultations to be held with local communities today over the provision of emergency accommodation to the survivors of last weekend's halting site fire.
Locals yesterday mounted a blockade at a proposed temporary site offered to survivors of the Carrickmines blaze which killed 10 members of the travelling community.
Meetings are being held between residents and council officials today.
Mr Kenny told Newstalk.com's Pat Kenny show there is a "deep sensitivity among communities" and that residents should be consulted before a decision is made that will affect them.
Enda Kenny said he had been deeply affected by the tragedy on the Glenamuck Rd. saying: "I went out to Carrickmines on Sunday - the silence was so powerful".
The Taoiseach accepted it is difficult to plan when a tragedy as enormous as this one happens, however he said there is a procedure the Council must follow.
"Obviously the Council is anxious to accommodate them."
Other members of his government have been more fortright though.
Environment Minister Alan Kelly called a blockade of the site is "shameful and disturbing".
He made the comments as part of a wide-ranging interview with Newstalk.com, in which he spoke about yesterday's Budget, confirming an election will be held in the Spring and that his party will not consider going into coalition with Fianna Fáil.