Six closure orders and one improvement order were served on food businesses last month.
The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) said these were for breaches of food safety legislation.
Th orders were issued by environmental health officers in the Health Service Executive (HSE).
One closure order was served under the FSAI Act, 1998 on:
- Spicy Hut (Take Away), Main Street, Carrigart, Donegal
Here, the FSAI said there was a "grave and immediate danger" as sewage and other waste was seen "overflowing from an open drain in the rear yard" of the premises.
"Given that staff occupy this area, a risk of transfer of faecal matter from the yard to the kitchen exists".
While five closure orders were issued under the EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010 on:
- Freestyle Asian Restaurant, 23-24 North Main Street, Cork
- Ceann Sibéal Hotel (Closed area: kitchen, outside vegetable preparation area), Ballyferriter, Tralee, Kerry
- Pangan Taste of Asian (Restaurant/Café), Unit 1, Block B, River Village, Monksland, Athlone, Roscommon
- Dragon Chinese take away, Main Street, Dunshaughlin, Meath
- Paud O'Neills (Pub) (Closed area: music bar venue located in the back yard of the premises), Langford Street, Killorglin, Kerry
And one improvement order was served under the FSAI Act, 1998 on:
- Roma Take Away, Unit 3 Rathgael, Deansrath Shopping Centre, Clondalkin, Dublin 22
Here, the FSAI found there were two large refuse bins being stored inside the premises.
"The external surface of these bins were found to be in a very dirty condition.
"If these bins must be stored internally, they must be thoroughly cleaned, sanitised and maintained in a clean and hygienic condition", it said.
There was also no food allergen information provided to the consumer.
And the premises also engaged in 'distance selling' - "because you receive food orders by phone or electronically and deliver those foods to the final consumer.
The FSAI added: "Any food supplied through distance selling must meet the same information requirements as food sold in physical premise e.g. a shop".
Dr Pamela Byrne, chief executive of the FSAI, said: "The enforcement orders served in April were mainly due to premises being found to have poor and, in some cases, very low hygiene standards in place.
"Some of these premises have demonstrated a complete lack of concern for the health of both their customers and their staff who eat at or work in their establishments.
"These inadequate food safety practices are completely unacceptable in any food business. In addition to the poor hygiene standards that were found, some premises also had no food allergen information available to the consumer which can pose a serious risk to people's health."