There have been 1,173 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Ireland.
Latest available figures show there are 79 people in hospital with the virus - 23 of these are in ICU.
The Department of Health says these numbers may change due to a future data review.
The five-day moving average has jumped from just over 700 to more than 800.
Chief Medical Officer, Dr Tony Holohan, says those who are unvaccinated remain at high risk.
"We continue to experience rapid increases in the incidence of the disease in the community, with cases increasing in 22 out of 26 counties and with the greatest majority of cases occurring in people who have not yet been fully vaccinated.
"The current trajectory of the highly transmissible Delta variant across the country means that unvaccinated people are at high risk of contracting COVID-19, with just over 50% of today's cases aged between 19-34 years old.
"We need those who are waiting for full vaccination to take every precaution this weekend and adhere strongly to the public health advice as they await their vaccines - limiting social contacts, meeting outdoors, staying two metres apart, wearing masks and avoiding international travel."
He adds: "If you are experiencing symptoms of cold and flu - headache, sore throat, runny nose - please let your close contacts know, stay at home and get tested as soon as possible for COVID-19."
It comes as more than five million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have now been administered in Ireland.
Over 60% of adults are now fully vaccinated, while 75% of adults have had at least one dose.
Speaking earlier chair of the vaccine taskforce, Professor Brian MacCraith, said the five million dose milestone is a very significant day in the vaccination programme.
He said: "Over the past number of weeks, we've been hitting typically around 340-350,000 doses a week - [frequently] well over 50,000 per day.
"It has really been ramping up again and again over recent weeks.
"We've still a good deal of a distance to go - we want to get a very large fraction of adults vaccinated."
He said work is currently ongoing to vaccinate everyone aged 16 or older, while NIAC will soon make a decision around whether to allow the vaccination of teenagers aged 12-15.
The legislation around indoor dining has passed through the Seanad, after passing all stages in the Dáil earlier this week.
The legislation passed 74 votes to 68, without any defections from the Government benches.
It will initially only be open to people who are vaccinated or recovered from the virus.
The bill is expected to be signed into law next week.
While Tánaiste Leo Varadkar said it is now planned that indoor hospitality will be able to re-open from July 26th under the proposed legislation.
He said work is underway to finalise the guidelines for that re-opening - along with plans for an app reader.
"We're getting things in place, it looks like we're going to have an app reader that restaurateurs and publicans can use to verify that the COVID Cert is valid and so on.
"A lot of good work is being done on that, and we're kind of targeting Monday the 26th.
"It has to go through the Seanad, we need to allow the President time to consider the bill and sign it.
"And we need to get some regulations and a few things like that in place," he added.