The family of the late TV presenter Caroline Flack have published an Instagram statement she considered posting in the days before she died.
Her mother told the Eastern Daily Press that she wanted the public to hear how she felt in her own words.
She said the 40-year-old, who was found dead in her flat in London on Saturday, wanted to publish it before she died but was advised against it.
In the post, she said her arrest for assaulting her boyfriend last year was the result of an accident during an argument.
Ms Flack was due to stand trial in March for allegedly assaulting Lewis Burton last year – despite him saying he did not support the prosecution.
In the statement, she said the arrest meant that: “Within 24 hours my whole world and future was swept from under my feet and all the walls that I had taken so long to build around me, collapsed.”
“I have always taken responsibility for what happened that night. Even on the night. But the truth is [...] it was an accident.
“But I am not a domestic abuser. We had an argument and an accident happened. An accident.”
She said the incident was affecting her family and friends, adding that “I've lost my job, my home, my ability to speak.”
“And the truth has been taken out of my hands and used as entertainment.”
“I'm not thinking about 'how I'm going to get my career back.' I'm thinking about how I'm going to get mine and my family's life back.”
“I can't say any more than that.”
An inquest into her death is due to open in London this morning.