Gareth's recipe for Friday Food this week is for these triple chocolate chip cookies are the perfect weekend bake to do with the family. They are an easy cookie recipe that delivers big on flavour. They go perfectly with Gareth's hot chocolate too!
- 200g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 250g soft brown sugar
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 230g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 70g chopped milk chocolate
- 70g chopped dark chocolate
- 70g chopped white chocolate for melting
- Add the soft butter and brown sugar to a bowl and beat with a whisk until smooth, it is important that the butter is soft as this make this much easier to whisk together.
- After whisking for 2 minutes, add vanilla and egg, and whisk again until combined.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt on top of the wet mixture and mix until well combined. Try not to overwork the mix.
- Add the chopped chocolate milk and dark chocolate to the dough.
- Now roll the mix into balls the size of a golf ball.
- Place them into a fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Spread them out on a baking tray leaving plenty of room as they will expand while cooking.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C and bake for 14 minutes. Try to keep the door closed, as this will help the cookies rise.
- When the 14 minutes is up, carefully take the tray from the oven and place on a rack to cool, as they cool the cookies will crisp.
- Melt the milk chocolate and use this to drizzle over the cooled cookies Enjoy!
Friday Food on The Pat Kenny Show with Gareth Mullins Executive Chef of The Anantara Marker Hotel. Follow Gareth on Instagram.
All with thanks to Cully & Sully.
Press play to listen back