Newcastle's new owners are set to meet manager Steve Bruce and the squad of players this afternoon.
While reports suggest Bruce won't be sacked today, it is expected he will be relieved of his duties before the weekend.
Spurs provide the opposition on Sunday.
Newcastle are without a win so far this campaign and are second from bottom with three points.
The squad and management return to the training ground today, after a brief break during the international window.
Last week, the club was taken over by a Saudi-led group.
The €360million deal brought an end to Mike Ashley's 14-year period as owner.
The Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF) has taken an 80 percent stake in the club, with the remaining 20 percent split between PCP Capital Partners and Reuben Brothers.
It's believed there will be wholesale changes - with Steve Bruce's position one of those likely to be scrutinised.
If, as expected, he is sacked as boss, he'll receive a €9.4million pay-off according to reports.
He was appointed as head coach in 2019, on a rolling contract.
It's also suggested that Ralf Rangnick is in line to join the club as Sporting Director.
Rangnick (63) has been involved with RB Leipzig in the past, and is currently in charge of sports and development at Lokomotiv Moscow.
He was also interviewed for the Everton job in 2019, prior to Carlo Ancelotti's appointment.
Graeme Jones is poised to take charge for this Sunday's clash with Spurs, if Bruce is sacked before then.
Do Newcastle fans care about issues with takeover? | Amnesty International appeal to Premier League on Newcastle takeover