Galway manager Padraig Joyce has made a trio of changes to his side for Sunday's Allianz Football League Division 1 clash with Tyrone.
All Ireland club winner Liam Silke is restored to the half-back line in place of John Daly.
And there are a pair of changes among the Tribesmen's forwards, with Eamonn Brannigan at wing-forward for Finnian Ó Laoi and Adrian Varley replaces Michael Boyle at corner-forward.
Galway's 1-point win over Donegal in Letterkenny last time out leaves them third in Division 1 and level on points with the top two of Dublin and Sunday's opponents Tyrone.
Speaking ahead of the visit of Mickey Harte's side to Tuam, Joyce says there is a real opportunity for his side to lay down a marker for the rest of the season, "Every point secured is incredibly valuable.
"A victory now can leave you in a great position to get to a league final, a defeat can suddenly leave you near the bottom and fighting relegation."
Joyce feels lessons have been learned along the way to Sunday's game, "Our trip to Tralee to play Kerry ended in huge disappointment.
"It’s a game we should have won against one of the top sides in the country.
"With little time between games we picked ourselves up quickly and beat Donegal a week later. It was a massive two points for us in Letterkenny coming from seven points down to beat tough opposition."
Galway team v Tyrone:
1. Connor Gleeson (Dunmore McHales)
2. Sean Kelly (Moycullen)
3. Séan Mulkerrin (Oileáin Árann)
4. Johnny Heaney (Kilannin)
5. Gary O'Donnell (Tuam Stars)
6. Liam Silke (Corofin)
7. Cillian McDaid (Monivea-Abbey)
8. Ronan Steede (Corofin)
9. Cein D'Arcy (Caherlistrane)
10. Eamon Brannigan (St. Michael's)
11. Damien Comer (Annaghdown)
12. Michael Daly (Mountbellew-Moylough)
13. Robert Finnerty (Salthill-Knocknacarra)
14. Shane Walsh (captain) (Kilkerrin-Clonberne)
15. Adrian Varley (Cortoon Shamrocks)