Gardaí have arrested a “male juvenile” in connection with a serious assault on a US citizen on Talbot Street.
The teenage boy is currently being detained at a Garda station in North Dublin and will be questioned by Gardaí.
A man in his 50s was left in serious condition after he was attacked on Talbot Street in Dublin on Wednesday, July 19th.
Reports say he was leaving a hotel around 10:40pm when he was assaulted by a group who kicked and punched him.
He was taken to Beaumont Hospital where he was in serious but stable condition.
Justice Minister Helen McEntee previously said there will be a 'tough and firm response' from Gardaí.
"The brutal attack in Dublin last night must be condemned in the strongest terms, and my thoughts are with the victim and his family at this time," she said.
"There can be no excuse for such violence and intimidation, and I fully understand the concerns of the local community.”