The search operation for a fisherman missing since a trawler sank off County Wexford at the weekend has resumed this morning.
The search for Willie Whelan, aged in his 40s, was suspended last night with gale force winds forecast for the area.
This morning Irish Coastguard Unit Manager Niall Ferns said conditions have 'deteriorated significantly' as the search resumes.
"The winds have picked up," he said.
"Unfortunately the sea state is not as good for searching as it had been yesterday.
"Equally there is a rain belt coming through which has had a bad impact on visibility."
A second fisherman who died after being rescued has been named as father-of-four Joe Sinnott.
The 65-year-old from Kilmore Quay in Wexford was flown to Waterford Airport and then transferred by ambulance to University Hospital Waterford for treatment.
However he later died in hospital.
Search has been stood down for the night to resume first thing in the morning. Think of the families at this sad time
— Dunmore East RNLI (@DunmoreEastRNLI) January 5, 2020
Local Independent Councillor Ger Carthy said he is hopeful the second man will be found today.
“We just wish to extend our deepest sympathies to both families and hopefully this will be brought to a successful conclusion with the recovery of one of the gentlemen from that fishing vessel,” he said.
The search is being coordinated by the Marine Rescue Coordination Centre in Dublin - with the Dublin and Waterford-based Coast Guard helicopters working in rotation.
The Irish naval vessel, the LÉ Ciara, is coordinating the search – with RNLI units from Dunmore East and Kilmore Quay and Fethard also involved.
Main image is a file photo of an RNLI lifeboat