Newstalk has achieved an all-time high national prime-time Market Share of 7.1% in the latest JNLR listenership results.
The new figures show the station now has a weekly audience of 767,000 listeners.
It has also cemented its position as the Number One commercial station in Dublin with a prime-time Market Share figure of 12%.
Meanwhile, more all-time highs have been recorded on the station’s weekday schedule:
- Newstalk Breakfast with Ciara Kelly and Shane Coleman has achieved an audience of 137,000 – up 17,000.
- The Pat Kenny Show has grown its audience by 28,000 listeners to 183,000.
- Lunchtime Live with Andrea Gilligan has an audience of 112,000 – up 10,000.
The strong results are not confined to weekdays with key weekend programmes also delivering record results.
- Down to Business with Bobby Kerr has grown its audience by 24,000 to 128,000.
- Off The Ball on Saturday has grown its audience by 15,000 to 124,000.
Newstalk Managing Editor Patricia Monahan said: “We are delighted to see Newstalk make significant audience gains in the latest results.”
“It clearly shows there is a demand for talk radio that engages, entertains and provides a clear alternative to RTE Radio 1.”
The JNLR (Joint National Listenership Research) is a joint industry research project that provides reliable estimates of audiences to National, Regional and Local Radio.