A man is recovering in hospital after he was electrocuted trying to recover a drone that got caught in overhead electrical wires in Dublin.
Firefighters said the man received serious burns after attempting to retrieve the drone in Cabinteely park yesterday.
Firefighter/Paramedics from Dun Laoghaire responded with @LoughlinstwnNAS to a person suffering from burns after being electrocuted trying to retrieve a drone in a South Dublin park. @ESBNetworks have confirmed that it was a 10kV line. NEVER EVER attempt to go near ESB cables. pic.twitter.com/LUchIYxxqF
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) June 27, 2019
ESB Networks said power supply was cut off to Cabinteely and surrounding areas after the incident, leaving around 1,000 customers in the dark.
The utility said the wires were carrying 10,000 volts.
Dublin Fire Brigade is warning the public never to attempt to go near ESB cables.
Following a serious incident involving our Network tonight and to assist the Emergency Services, power supply to the #Cabinteely and surrounding areas had to be interrupted for a short period. Apologies.#staysafeStayclear
— ESB Networks (@ESBNetworks) June 27, 2019