It's been confirmed that coronavirus restrictions will be eased from next week.
From December 1st, a staged series of measures will come into effect.
The country is going back to level three restrictions - although some adjustments have been made to allow the likes of cultural institutions reopen.
While most changes will take effect over the course of next week, there will be a series of further changes over the Christmas period.
Here are the restrictions that will be in place from next week:
- Non-essential retail will be allowed reopen from next Tuesday, December 1st
- Hairdressers, barbers, hotels, cinemas, theatres, galleries, libraries and museums will also be allowed reopen from Tuesday
- Churches and places of worship will be able to resume services
- Gyms and leisure centres will be allowed reopen, but only for individual training
- Elite sports matches will be allowed, but must be played behind close doors
- The current 5km travel limit will be lifted from next Tuesday, but people will be asked to stay within their own county
- Restaurants and gastropubs will be allowed reopen from Friday, December 4th - but pubs must now have a kitchen on site
- Wet pubs will remain closed, except for takeaway and delivery
- Restrictions on household visits will remain in place over the next few weeks, with people being asked to only mix 'within their bubble'
- Up to 25 mourners can attend funerals
- Up to 25 guests are allowed at weddings
- Organised gatherings of up to 15 people may take place outdoors
- People are being urged to continue working from home unless absolutely necessary
- People will be asked to wear masks in busy outdoor settings, places of worship and crowded workplaces
As well as the above measures, there will be further easing of restrictions over the Christmas period.
The changes will be in place between December 18th and January 6th.
Households will be allowed mix with up to two other households - meaning a total of three households will be able to meet together.
Restrictions on inter-county travel will also be eased, meaning people will be allowed travel across the country.
Those restrictions will end on January 7th, and - dependent on the trajectory of the virus - the measures in place before December 18th will come back into effect.