Irish artists have had to cancel or postpone gigs due to the new COVID-19 restrictions coming into effect this week, amid warnings that concerts aren't viable at reduced capacity.
Measures coming into force tomorrow will limit capacity at indoor events to 50% until January 9th.
Venues, organisers and performers have been left scrambling to rearrange plans for gigs that had been planned for the coming weeks - many of which had already sold out.
Folk group The Mary Wallopers are supposed to be performing in Vicar Street in Dublin this week.
However, Andrew Hendy from the band told Lunchtime Live it's "not really feasible to run big venues at 50% capacity".
He said: "Who do you pick to be the 50%?
"It's a bit of a shock. After two years of not touring at all, we got to do two gigs... on the way home from our second in Limerick, we found out it was over again.
"It's not looking good. We've spent thousands on merchandise and stuff like that... it just feels like there's no safety net, and the carpet has been pulled from under our feet."
As well as the Vicar Street gigs, Andrew said they also had sold out gigs planned for Cork, Galway and Dundalk.
The band will do a live-stream concert on December 17th, but there's no 'plan B to cover the gigs that were set to go ahead.
While they have yet to finalise plans for the upcoming gigs yet, they are looking at rescheduling the gigs until next year.
However, Andrew said the gig planned in Dublin for later this week is "definitely not happening" as planned.
Cancellations and postponements
Other high-profile Irish performers have also been rescheduling gigs in wake of the latest announcement.
Christy Moore's Vicar Street gig scheduled for tonight will go ahead as planned, but the remaining gigs scheduled over the coming weeks have been cancelled and all customers are to be refunded.
However, the musician is instead set to put on a series of reduced capacity (50%) gigs at the Dublin venue, which will go on sale from tomorrow.
The Coronas, meanwhile, have rescheduled their upcoming sold-out gigs until next year, but will also play four "fully-seated, intimate new concerts" next week.
They said: "So obviously our 4 sold out 3Olympia Theatre shows can’t go ahead under the current restrictions so we have moved the dates to the equivalent dates next Christmas.
"But the good news, TRUE LOVE PREVAILS!! A series of fully-seated intimate new concerts at the 3Olympia Theatre will take place next weekend. Two shows per night on Thursday December 16th & Friday December 17th."
Those who already had tickets for the postponed shows will be given access to a pre-sale for the new, reduced capacity gigs.
Meanwhile, representatives of the sector met with the Government today, pushing for better supports for the industry due to the impact of the new restrictions.
The Culture Minister today acknowledged new restrictions are unviable for many events businesses.
Catherine Martin says new supports will be put in place - including a "scheme that means they can keep their doors open, even at reduced capacity".
She said details should be announced in the coming days.