The Arab League has rejected Donald Trump's Middle East peace plan - saying it will not cooperate with the US in any efforts to implement it.
It comes only days after the controversial plan was unveiled by the US president and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas joined other members of the Arab League at an emergency meeting in Cairo today in the wake of the plan's announcement earlier this week.
The League vowed to reject the plan, saying they would 'not cooperate with the American administration in implementing it in any way'.
They added that the plans do not meet 'the minimum rights and aspirations' of Palestinian people.
In comments quoted by Palestinian media, Mr Abbas claimed his authority will cut all security ties with Israel and the US over the plan.
He said: “[I was told] Trump wants to send me the 'deal of the century' to read, I said I would not.
“Trump asked that I speak to him over the phone, so I said ‘no’, and that he wants to send me a letter, so I refused to receive it.”
The plan, which was endorsed by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, was unveiled at the White House on Tuesday.
The proposals put forward a plan for a future Palestinian state made up of the West Bank and Gaza.
It would recognise Israeli settlements on West Bank in return for a four-year freeze on settlements while Palestinian statehood was negotiated.
Mr Trump claimed Jerusalem would be Israel’s “undivided capital” under the plan - while also claiming that it would “provide a Palestinian capital in East Jerusalem where America will proudly open an embassy".
It was swiftly rejected by Palestinian officials, who claimed it "gives Israel everything it wants at the expense of the national rights of the Palestinian people".
Tánaiste Simon Coveney expressed “grave concern” over the plan - saying it appeared to not meet Ireland's threshold for supporting peace measures.