Fallen trees are causing disruption across Munster with a large number of roads and power lines affected in Cork and Kerry.
According to the ESB around 10,000 people are currently without power supply.
Customers are being warned to avoid any fallen power lines. The ESB has warned that the lines are “live and extremely dangerous.”
Fallen trees and power lines:
- There's a tree blocking the N71 Bandon/Innishannon Rd at Rosewood estate. The Council is at the scene.
- A fallen tree has been cleared from the N71 Clonakilty/Cork Rd at Convent Hill on the city side of Clonakilty.
- There is a fallen tree blocking the Inniscarra Rd, between Inniscarra Bridge and Canons Cross.
- There is a fallen tree on the Charleville/Milford Rd (R515) on the Newcastle West side of Newtownshandrum.
- A tree is blocking the Cork/Coachford Rd (R618) at Inniscarra.
- The Council are dealing with a fallen tree outside Bandon on the Dunmanway Rd (R586). Avoid at present.
- A fallen tree is blocking the Glanmire/Watergrass Hill Rd (R635) between Glanmire Village and Riverstown Cross.
- Fallen tree on the Charleville/Broadford Rd (R515) at the graveyard in Newtownshandrum.
- The Donnybrook/Carrigaline Rd is blocked near Ballinrea Cross due to a fallen tree.
- There’s a tree down on the Bishopstown Rd, near the Hawkes Road jct.
- There are reports of a fallen tree at Cuskinny Hill in Cobh. Take care in the area.
- A fallen tree is blocking Briar Hill in Waterfall.
- A tree is down at Ardbrack in Kinsale.
- There’s a tree down near the cemetery on the Waterloo/Newcastle Rd outside Blarney.
- The local Ardpatrick Rd, off the N20 near Charleville, is blocked due to two fallen trees and electricity wires.
- There’s a fallen tree on the N71 Ring of Kerry near Gortamullen, Kenmare.
- There is a tree down on the N72 Killarney/Mallow Rd 2km outside Barraduff on the Killarney side.
- A fallen tree is blocking Moll’s Gap (R568) near the tunnel.
- A fallen tree has been cleared from the Kenmare/Kilgarvan Rd (R569) approx. 6.5km east of Kenmare.
- There is an overhanging tree and electricity lines on the Galbally Rd (R662) at Ballinlard in Tipperary Town. Gardaí advise road users to avoid the area. The council has been notified.
- Council staff are dealing with a fallen tree on the N69 Foynes Rd between Clarina and Kildimo.
- There’s a fallen tree on the Dublin Rd at the turn-off for Murroe, just before the M7 jct at Castletroy.
- The Promenade/Strand Rd in Tramore is closed until the weather alert has passed.
- There are reports of a fallen tree blocking one lane of Tramore/Dungarvan Rd (R675/Coast Rd) after O’Sheas garage.
- Gardaí are warning of excess surface water on the N11 Dublin/Wicklow Rd around Glen of the Downs.