Lewis Hamilton has tested positive for COVID-19.
The Formula 1 world champion says he's devastated that he won't be able race at this weekend's Sakhir Grand Prix in Bahrain as he's entered a 10-day period of isolation.
It will be the first time in Hamilton's career that he's been forced to miss a race.
Writing on Instagram, Hamilton says he returned three negative test results last week but woke on Monday morning with mild symptoms.
It's just over a fortnight since the Mercedes driver secured a seventh career world title, with victory in the Turkish GP.
Hamilton's team are yet to confirm who will replace him in Bahrain this weekend.
Lewis Hamilton statement:
Hi guys, I'm devastated that I won't be racing this weekend. Since we started the season in June, my team and I have been taking all the precautions we possible can and following the regulations everywhere we've been in order to stay safe.
Unfortunately, even though I returned three negative results this past week, I woke up yesterday morning with mild symptoms and requested another test which came back positive. I've immediately gone into self-isolation.
I'm gutted not to be able to race this weekend but my priority is to follow the protocols and advice to protect others. I'm really lucky that I feel ok with only mild symptoms and will do my best to stay fit and healthy.
Please look after yourselves out there, you can never be too careful. These are worrying times for everyone and we need to make sure we are looking after ourselves and each other. Stay positive.