The Department of Justice have broadened their No Excuses campaign to now include and highlight intimate image abuse or image based sexual abuse. But, what is intimate image abuse? Vera O'Leary from Kerry Rape Crisis Centre joins Andrea to explain
Photo by Soumil Kumar from Pexels
Extensive details of support services that are available to victims of Intimate Image Abuse are available on the following Department of Justice campaign websites;
These websites include valuable information about rape crisis services and domestic abuse helplines and support services that are available nationwide.
Some of the relevant Helplines include;
- The Dublin Rape Crisis Centre run a national 24-Hour Helpline which can be contacted on 1800 77 888
- Women's Aid and SAFE Ireland run a 24 Hour National Helpline which can be contacted on 1800 341 900
- Men’s Aid Ireland are a national service supporting men and their families experiencing domestic abuse run a National Confidential Helpline which can be contacted on 01 554 3811 email email@example.com
- Aware – 1800 80 48 48
- Samaritans – 116 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pieta House – 1800 247 247 or email email@example.com
- Teen-Line Ireland – 1800 833 634 (for ages 13 to 18)
- Childline – 1800 66 66 66 (for under 18s)
Listen and subscribe to Lunchtime Live on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and Spotify.
Download, listen and subscribe on the Newstalk App.
You can also listen to Newstalk live on newstalk.com or on Alexa, by adding the Newstalk skill and asking: 'Alexa, play Newstalk'.