A proposal to increase the number of guests allowed at weddings to 100 will go before Cabinet today.
The Tánaiste Leo Varadkar last week told Newstalk that couples should not expect any change to the current limit of 50 guests this summer.
His comments angered many couples planning to get married next month as the Government had previously indicated an increase was likely towards the end of the summer.
The three coalition party leaders discussed the issue at a meeting on Monday evening and new proposals for an increase to 100 will now go before Cabinet.
Government sources said there would be clarity for couples after the meeting.
Earlier the Irish Hotels Federation (IHF) warned that couples needed clarity to plan their big day.
IHF President Elaina Fitzgerald Kane told Lunchtime Live that capacity should increase to 100 next month and 150 the month after.
She said that, if larger weddings were permitted with only vaccinated people allowed to attend, a lot of couples would “grasp that with both hands and respect that”.
Meanwhile, Anne Marie Quinlan, whose son is due to get married in August, said just one of the 100 invited guests will not be vaccinated in time for the big day.
Meanwhile, almost 200 brides to be in wedding dresses are planning to march on Government Buildings this week, calling for clarity on the restrictions.