There have now been over 20,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the Republic.
Figures released by the Department of Health show there have been 376 new cases confirmed today, bringing the total to 20,253.
It has also been confirmed that have been 31 more coronavirus-related deaths in the Republic.
The total number of deaths now stands at 1,190.
It has also been confirmed that a second person aged between 15 and 24 with COVID-19 has died here.
Elsewhere, Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan said 129 patients remain in the country's intensive care units.
173 people have been discharged alive from ICUs, while there have been 54 deaths in intensive care.
The median age of those admitted to ICUs is 60.
Health officials this evening also published details of a census of all deaths in nursing homes since January.
The figures show there had been 586 COVID-19 deaths - 377 confirmed and 209 probable - in nursing homes as of April 19th.
Today’s update comes as the Government and health officials consider a phased plan for easing COVID-19 restrictions over the coming months.
The Government is expected to reveal details of the plan on Friday, after the National Public Health Emergency Team meets.
Speaking at this evening's press briefing, Dr Holohan said: "I don't see the kind of circumstances that will allow us, certainly today, that we think we'll be in a position to recommend an easing of restriction.
"We're going to wait until Friday to make the assessment."
He said while the country has made "great progress" in tackling the virus, he didn't anticipate a "significant additional change over the next number of days" - but said officials will keep monitoring the situation.
While the restrictions are currently in place until early next week, there are warnings any easing of the measures could be minimal until there’s a significant decline in the number of COVID-19 deaths, new cases and ICU admissions.
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar today said people should not get their hopes up about any easing of restrictions - suggesting the numbers “just are not good enough yet”.
Main image: Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan speaks at the daily coronavirus press briefing yesterday. Photo: Sasko Lazarov/RollingNews.ie