A new three year awareness campaign has been launched to highlight sexual harassment and sexual violence.
'No Excuses' will feature radio, social, cinema, TV and outdoor advertising up to 2021.
The first TV ads will be broadcast from Friday May 10th - featuring both male and female perpetrators and victims.
They cover a number of scenarios: ranging from sexual harassment in the workplace, unwanted physical attention at a bar and an attempt to expose someone in a locker room.
The ads also direct viewers to the campaign website, which provides further information and advice on how to help in such situations.
Justice Minister Charlie Flanagan said: "Research has shown that Ireland suffers from disturbingly high levels of sexual harassment and sexual violence.
"These ads highlight and help people recognise these behaviours and the many precursors to them.
"They call on us to reflect on our own reactions and to stop excusing sexual harassment and sexual violence.
"I hope that they will help all of us to hold such behaviours and their precursors totally unacceptable with the ultimate goal of reducing and preventing the incidences of sexual harassment and sexual violence, which affect the lives of too many people in our society both directly and indirectly."
It comes as reported sexual offences are increasing.
Last year, 3,182 sex crimes were recorded by Gardaí - a 26% increase on 2017.
While some of this is likely due to an increased willingness to report crimes, the Department of Justice has said the reported figure only shows a fraction of the total prevalence of these crimes "as it is generally accepted that sex crimes are chronically under-reported."
The campaign is being run by Cosc - the National Office for the Prevention of Domestic, Sexual and Gender-based Violence, which is part of the Department of Justice.
It is part of the Second National Strategy on Domestic, Sexual and Gender-based Violence 2016-2021.
'No Excuses' follows on from the domestic violence awareness campaign 'What Would You Do?', which ran for three years from 2016 to 2018.
Funding of €950,000 has been secured to run the campaign in 2019.