Current nationwide coronavirus restrictions will be extended for an extra two days until September 15th.
They had been due to expire on the 13th, but are being extended until the publication of the Government's long term COVID-19 roadmap next Tuesday.
The restrictions include no more than six people from three households being allowed visit someone's home at a time, and no spectators being allowed at sporting events.
Meanwhile, the Taoiseach has said nothing has been decided about what further restrictions in Dublin and Limerick would look like if they're needed.
Micheál Martin says they're looking at a number of models for any further restrictions, which may include a clampdown on house visits.
He said: "We've learned all along the way from different initiatives, and we learned from what happened in Laois, Offaly and Kildare as well.
"That doesn't mean you do the same response in a new situation, so we're learning lessons in terms of what works and what doesn't work."
Acting Chief Medical Officer Dr Ronan Glynn on Monday warned that the rest of this week would be 'vital' for Dublin and Limerick, amid the rising number of COVID-19 cases.
Yesterday saw 307 new coronavirus cases confirmed in the Republic - the highest daily since early May.
182 of the new cases were reported in Dublin.