The Health Service Executive (HSE) has been accused of lying to the Dáil over an alleged apology to the survivors of abuse in a foster home.
The Public Accounts Committee (PAC) has asked to meet with the HSE next Tuesday over the claims - and wants the meeting to go ahead before the Dáil is dissolved.
It is reported that the former South-Eastern Health Board became aware of the concerns in 1992, and all children were removed from their care in 1995.
However due to a clerical mistake, one person was left in their care until 2009.
It is claimed a woman remained in the home for 13 years after all other minors were removed, and a warning was issued from authorities in the UK.
Last week, the HSE told the committee it had apologised to the victims of abuse at the foster home. But the victims denied this was the case.
Fine Gael's John Deasy says even the HSE staff denied they had apologised.