"Can you set it up so that the whales jump in the background at the same time I'm proposing to my girlfriend?"
The above is just one of the strangest requests made to travel agents by vacationers in the US.
Released as part of National Plan for Vacation day, the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) compiled a list of the 22 most-bizarre requests made by travellers prior to holiday-ing.
Other requests included:
- Can I fish off of the cruise ship?
- Don’t tell my fiancé this is where I took my first wife for our honeymoon
- Does the crew actually sleep on board the cruise ship?
- I would like to go somewhere where there are NOT a lot of men
- Will there be shadows on my face at 4 p.m. when the pictures are taken?
- Will you watch my pet while I’m away?
"Consumers have a wealth of information available to them via the Internet," said Zane Kerby, ASTA President & CEO. "This list is proof that some consumers need a little extra help when they plan vacations, and that's where we come in," he said.