It is hoped full court sittings will be able to resume as soon as Friday.
On Wednesday, judges decided to put a two-hour limit on all physical court sittings in an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The President of the High Court, Mr Justice Peter Kelly, said the decision to introduce the time limit was on the back of what he, on behalf of the presidents of all the courts, said appeared to be "additional safety considerations beyond those already published".
He was referring to advice given to TDs earlier in the week that they should not spend more than two hours a day inside the Dáil chamber together.
The Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan said the advice should not be taken as a "hard and fast rule" for all sectors, as many variables needed to considered.
The Courts Service sought more clarity.
In a statement it said it had received detailed advice on the issue, and was hopeful of full sittings being able to resume tomorrow with the introduction of "additional measures".
Reporting by Frank Greaney