The first of nine cost-of-living supports announced in last week’s budget will start to be paid from next month.
The Government is today also confirming when the three instalments of the electricity credit will be paid.
The first three payments will all be paid out on Monday, November 20th. These are:
- The once-off €400 working family payment
- The €400 disability support grant
- The once-off €300 lump sum fuel allowance
The Working Family Payment is a weekly payment supports people with children who are earning low pay. The once-off payment is in addition to the weekly payment.
People in receipt of the Fuel Allowance get €33 per week to help with the cost of heating their home. The once-off payment is in addition to the weekly payment.
The following week, a further three supports will be paid:
- The €400 Carer’s Support Grant.
- A €200 support for people on the Living Alone Allowance
- A once-off €100 Qualified Child Benefit.
In the week beginning December 4th, the Christmas Bonus will be paid to pensioners, carers, people with disabilities and other welfare groups.
The three electricity credits will be applied automatically to the customer’s bills on December 1st, January 1st, 2024, and March 1st, 2024.
With reporting from Barry Whyte.