There have been 52 more coronavirus-related deaths in the Republic.
The latest figures from the Department of Health show a total of 1,063 people have now died from COVID-19, including ‘probable’ cases of the virus.
Three previously reported deaths have been denotified, reflected in the total death toll.
Meanwhile, 377 new cases have also been confirmed here this evening - bringing the total to 18,561.
Figures released today - covering the cases confirmed as of midnight on Thursday - show a total of 2,536 coronavirus patients (14%) have been hospitalised, including 344 cases admitted to ICU.
4,847 cases are associated with healthcare workers, while the the median age of confirmed cases is 49 years.
Speaking this afternoon, the Health Minister said he believes there'll be enough capacity to cater for an increase in COVID-19 tests.
Plans are being put in place to expand the current case definition from next week.
Minister Harris said the HSE can handle any added the numbers.
He explained: "I believe the systems they've put in place are robust, and will have adequate capacity for the increased number of tests.
"We have capacity from this week, according to the head of the HSE, to process 10,000 tests a day through our laboratories... and we know NPHET wants to get to a point where we do 100,000 a week."
Earlier, authorities in Northern Ireland confirmed a further 16 COVID-19 deaths there.
It brings the total in the North to 294, and the total on the island to 1,357.
Northern Ireland has to date confirmed 3,226 cases of the virus.