The driver of a bus was rushed to hospital, and a group of secondary school students were lucky to escape injury, after a fire broke out at the front of the vehicle in Cork today.
The students, from Ennis, were evacuated after the bus caught fire in Buttevant, Co Cork. Eye witnesses told local radio station, RedFM, that the bus was carrying the students to a match.
The Irish Examiner reports that all of the students are safe and well and were taken to a nearby school to be medically examined by ambulance personnel for shock.
Fire brigade units Charleville and Mallow dealt with the fire along with the assistance of the gardaí.
CORK: The N20 Cork/ Limerick Rd has REOPENED at Buttevant as emergency services have dealt with a vehicle on fire. https://t.co/qvBPcgxUj8
— AA Roadwatch (@aaroadwatch) April 25, 2016
— John Sweeney (@sundaycottage) April 25, 2016