A number of students have died following a shooting at a school in Brazil, officials have confirmed.
It happened at Professor Raul Brasil school in Suzano, near Sao Paulo at around 9:30am this morning local time (12:30pm Irish time).
Local authorities have said that two young men entered the school and began firing.
At least six students and two staff member were killed.
The two gunmen - believed to be in their early 20s - are said to have taken their own lives.
The area's governor João Doria said children had been 'cruelly murdered' in the attack.
He added that he was travelling to the scene to assist emergency services.
Acabo de receber a triste notícia de que crianças foram cruelmente assassinadas na escola estadual Professor Raul Brasil, em Suzano. Até o momento temos informações preliminares. Cancelei toda agenda e estamos a caminho de Suzano p/ acompanhar o resgate e atendimento aos feridos.
— João Doria (@jdoriajr) March 13, 2019
The state government has announced three days of mourning in the wake of the shooting.