Patrick and Russell the GastroGays go through their top seafood destinations from all across the nation.
All month on Newstalk we are celebrating everything food with thanks to Deliveroo, Delivering food freedom
On Moncrieff, we’re bringing you on a food journey of deliciousness around Ireland and the world as we seek out different food destinations.
Patrick Hanlon and Russell Alford who make up GastroGays joined Sean in studio and went through their top choices for the best Fish and Seafood destinations around Ireland.
Nine Great Fish & Seafood Experiences Around Ireland
1 - Fishermans Catch - Clogherhead, Co Louth
- Immensely popular fish & chips truck on the pier at Clogherhead
2 - Harry’s Shack Portstewart, Co Derry
- On Portstewart stand is a critically acclaimed restaurant specialising in fresh seafood and great local craft beers
3 - Catch & Sea - Portrush, Co Antrim
- Hop on a fishing boat at 6am, catch your fish and have it for breakfast.
4 - Fisk, Downings, Co Donegal
- A relatively new destination for seafood, nestled away in Co Donegal.
5 - Julias Lobster Truck Lisdoonvarna, Co Clare
- One of the most sought-after food trucks in the country
6 - Burren Smokehouse, Lisdoonvara, Co Clare
- Visit and learn more about the smokehouse which has been making some of the tastiest smoked salmon for about 30 years.
7 - Reel Dingle, Dingle, Co Kerry
- Pop into Reel for the freshest fish & chips in town.
8 - Mungo Murphy Abalone, Connemara, Co Galway
- A rare speciality but a great experience on the Wild Atlantic Way
9 - Harty’s Oysters, Ring, Co Waterford
- See where almost 40 million oysters are grown every year
For more info from Patrick and Russell please visit www.GastroGays.com