Got a great idea for a documentary or drama?
Newstalk is now accepting pitches from producers seeking broadcaster support for the latest round of Sound and Vision funding.
The details of Round 51, are available here.
We want to work with creative and innovative programme makers, who can tell great stories, bring new perspectives, and amplify a wide range of voices through documentaries & drama.
While Newstalk will accept pitches in any area, we are particularly interested in pitches that focus on areas we believe are of interest to the Newstalk audience and capture contemporary Irish life.
- Music, Television, and the Arts
- Climate Change
- Business & Economics
- Specific date or occasion related programming (Anniversaries etc)
- Recent History / Nostalgia
- All of the above As Gaeilge
About our audience: Newstalk targets a core audience of 35–55-year-olds and has 786,000 listeners weekly. The audience is predominantly urban based, ABC1 with a significant amount of the audience in full-time employment, leading busy lives with the majority having families. The audience are big consumers of media and social media and very likely to listen online or through podcasts.
Please submit your pitch as a maximum two-page document, including:
- A clear synopsis of your programme idea
- An outline of the production timeline post funding approval
- Any issues that could delay the proposal
- Topline estimate of costs and budget
- Details and experience of the production team and programme subjects & contributors
Note to Producers: Our documentaries and drama programme slots are 46 minutes in duration and broadcast in two parts. If your project does not or will not fit into these times or formats, we will consider on a case-by-case basis.
- Newstalk is now accepting pitches via email to email@example.com up to & including November 27th 2023.
- If successful, Newstalk will confirm approval in principle, with broadcaster support letters issued by latest Friday, 1st December 2023.
- The closing date for applications to Coimisiún na Meán is 12noon sharp on 14th December 2023.