Do you have a great idea for a radio documentary or drama? If you would like to hear it broadcast on Ireland’s fastest growing radio station, this is your opportunity.
Newstalk wants to work with creative and innovative programme makers to access funding and support from the BAI Sound and Vision Scheme to produce relevant, accessible, and relatable radio output for the Newstalk audience.
Newstalk is now accepting pitches from producers seeking broadcaster support for this round of Sound and Vision funding.
The details of the latest BAI scheme are available here.
We believe that we can further engage our audience by telling great stories, bringing new perspectives, and amplifying a wide range of voices through documentaries & drama. As the BAI states: “The ideal outcome for the Fund is one that has a balance between reflections of Ireland's past and its vibrant present.”
In preparing a pitch for consideration, you should think about content that:
- Is appropriate for Newstalk and in keeping with the broad station style and output
- Is relevant to the target audience and their interests
- Stands out, has emotional engagement, and grabs the attention of listeners
While Newstalk will accept pitches in any area, we are particularly interested in pitches that focus on areas we believe are of interest to the Newstalk audience and are currently underserved in our documentary and drama output:
- Recent History / Nostalgia
- Music, Television, and the Arts
- Business & Economics
- Specific date or occasion related programming (Anniversaries etc)
- Climate Change
Newstalk targets a core audience of 35–55-year-olds and has 769,000 listeners weekly.
The audience is predominantly urban based, ABC1 with a significant amount of the audience in full-time employment, leading busy lives with the majority having families. The audience are big consumers of media and social media and very likely to listen online or through podcasts.
Please submit your pitch as a maximum two-page document, including:
- A clear synopsis of your programme idea
- An outline of the production timeline post funding approval
- Any issues such as Covid-19 restrictions that could delay the proposal
- Topline estimate of costs and budget
- Details and experience of the production team and programme subjects / contributors
Our documentaries and drama programme slots are 46 minutes in duration and broadcast in two parts. If your project does not or will not fit into these times or formats, we will consider on a case-by-case basis.
All correspondence should be directed to: email@example.com
- Newstalk will accept pitches up to and including February 12th
- If successful, Newstalk will confirm approval in principle to broadcast by February 19th latest
- Newstalk will ask to see final applications by latest March 1st, 2021 when broadcaster support letters will be issued
- The closing date for applications to the BAI is noon on Thursday, 4th March 2021