It’s week two of our campaign with the Department of Justice and Equality all about Intimate Image sharing.
This week we’re discussing Tackling the ‘victim blaming’ culture.
Dr. Caroline West, outreach co-ordinator at active consent in NUIG and Host of Glow West podcast joined Andrea to discuss...
Extensive details of support services that are available to victims of victim blaming are available on the following Department of Justice campaign websites;
These websites include valuable information about rape crisis services and domestic abuse helplines and support services that are available nationwide.
Some of the relevant Helplines include;
- The Dublin Rape Crisis Centre run a national 24-Hour Helpline which can be contacted on 1800 77 888
- Women's Aid and SAFE Ireland run a 24 Hour National Helpline which can be contacted on 1800 341 900
- Men’s Aid Ireland are a national service supporting men and their families experiencing domestic abuse run a National Confidential Helpline which can be contacted on 01 554 3811 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aware – 1800 80 48 48
- Samaritans – 116 123 or email email@example.com
- Pieta House – 1800 247 247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teen-Line Ireland – 1800 833 634 (for ages 13 to 18)
- Childline – 1800 66 66 66 (for under 18s)