No extra restrictions are expected to be recommended at NPHET's meeting on Thursday.
Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan told opposition politicians at a briefing this afternoon that he doesn't expect health officials will be recommending more measures this week.
They're instead waiting to see the impact of last week's measures, which included a full return to 'work from home' advice and a midnight curfew for the hospitality sector.
Health officials have also noted that many members of the public already appear to be reducing their social contacts amid the recent surge of COVID-19 cases.
Daily case numbers remain high, although any impact from the measures introduced last week is unlikely to be seen for at least 7-10 days.
Sinn Féin's health spokesman, David Cullinane, said the CMO gave a positive briefing today.
He said: "The focus on Thursday seems to be to evaluate the existing measures - how are they working, are they working well - as opposed to looking at any additional restrictions.
"That's a very hopeful message, and we all hope we won't see any more restrictions."
However, the Sinn Féin TD said it will be vital for people to abide by the public health advice and for the Government to 'get it right' in relation to issues such as antigen testing.
There have been fresh calls from the opposition for the rapid tests to be made freely available to the public, following a delay in the expected rollout of subsidised tests.