Novak Djokovic has been given a temporary reprieve in his attempt to stay in Australia after he was initially told to leave the country in a row over COVID-19 vaccines.
A court case hearing his appeal has been adjourned until Monday.
The 34-year-old will remain at a quarantine hotel in Melbourne until then.
He had been due to be deported today.
It comes after the world number one tennis player had his visa application cancelled, having thought he could compete at the Australian Open through a medical exemption to avoid COVID-19 vaccination.
He now faces deportation if his legal battle to stay in the country fails.
The Australian Border Force (ABF) overnight said it "can confirm that Mr Djokovic failed to provide appropriate evidence to meet the entry requirements to Australia, and his visa has been subsequently cancelled".
Their statement added: "Non-citizens who do not hold a valid visa on entry or who have had their visa cancelled will be detained and removed from Australia."
However, today's court decision means he'll be able to temporarily stay in Australia until the court hearing is heard next week.
The court hearing has been adjourned until 10am local time on Monday morning.
While Mr Djokovic has not spoken about his COVID-19 vaccination status, he has previously voiced his opposition to vaccination.
The dramatic battle over his immigration status comes just 11 days before the Australian Open is due to get underway.
Speaking about the tennis superstar's case, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has said "rules are rules and there are no special cases".