With 426,000 listeners every day, Newstalk is the second most listened to station in Ireland, ahead of RTÉ 2FM and Today FM.
Newstalk is now the clear number two station in Dublin on the key audience measures of listened yesterday and market share after overtaking FM104 for the first time.
Newstalk is enjoying an all-time high weekly reach of 804,000 listeners, up 62,000 on this time last year.
The station's listened yesterday figure is an all-time high of 426,000 listeners, up 13,000 on last year, while the Newstalk has a prime-time market share figure of 6.7%.
The station's primetime programmes have recorded very strong results with 'The Pat Kenny Show' growing its audience by 15,000 to 155,000 and 'Lunchtime Live with Andrea Gilligan' growing its audience by 13,000 to 102,000.
Managing editor of Newstalk, Patricia Monahan, said: "Newstalk has played a really important role this year bringing listeners critical news and information, while also providing engaging and entertaining content through the COVID-19 pandemic.
"We are delighted to retain our position as the second most listened to station in Ireland and that 804,000 listeners choose us as their destination for news and current affairs every week.
"To also be the second most popular station in a busy market like Dublin is testament to the quality of our output and the dedication of our teams."
Key figures for Newstalk weekday programmes:
- Newstalk Breakfast, 120,000 Listeners (Up 2,000 Book on Book)
- The Pat Kenny Show, 155,000 Listeners (Up 15,000 Book on Book)
- Lunchtime Live, 102,000 Listeners (up 13,000 Book on Book)
- Moncrieff, 96,000 Listeners (Up 7,000 Book on Book)
- The Hard Shoulder, 177,000 listeners (Down 6,000 Book on Book)
- Off The Ball, 47,000 listeners (Down 7,000 Book on Book)