The Health Service Executive has announced the appointment of six new Hospital Group Chief executives.
The appointments are in addition to the Chief Executive of the Children's Hospital Group, Eilísh Hardiman, who has been in post since November 2013.
The HSE says the appointments represent a significant step in the development of the Hospital Groups.
Mr Tony O’Brien, Director General, Health Service Executive said, "The expertise available in these centres is widely acknowledged across Ireland and the plan is to build on this in the future."
The six new Hospital Group CEOs are as follows:
1. Ms Mary Day, Â–Ireland East Hospitals Group
2. Mr Bill Maher, RCSI Hospitals Group, Dublin North East
3. Dr Susan OÂ’Reilly, Dublin Midlands Hospitals Group
4. Ms Colette Cowan, University of Limerick Hospitals
5. Mr Gerry OÂ’Dwyer, South/South West Hospitals Group
6. Mr Maurice Power (Acting), West/North West Hospitals Group