There's been no new advice from NPHET to suggest the reopening of indoor dining should be delayed, according to Minister Simon Harris.
Cabinet Ministers will make a final decision on the issue at a meeting on Wednesday.
When the Government made the call to delay the reopening of indoor dining at the end of June they were dealing with case numbers of around 300 a day.
Cabinet is expected to sign off on the reopening this week, but the daily number of new cases is currently around four times that June figure.
However, Minister Simon Harris expects the reopening to go ahead, after the Oireachtas last week passed legislation on restricting dining to vaccinated people and those who've recovered from COVID-19.
Minister Harris said: "We're following public health advice in relation to the reopening agenda.
"The Government hasn't had new advice from the National Public Health Emergency Team that would suggest we should do anything other than proceed along the basis we're planning to do so."
Not everyone supports re-opening, however.
People Before Profit TD Paul Murphy says it poses the risk of another lockdown if things go wrong.
He said case numbers are already "on a worse trajectory" than NPHET's most pessimistic modelling from three weeks ago.
Cabinet ministers want to see whether the link between rising case numbers and hospitalisations has been broken due to the vaccination programme.
They'll meet on Wednesday, when they're likely to approve the opening of indoor dining from next Monday - July 26th.