It's too early to say if pubs will be given the go-ahead to reopen next week, according to Acting Chief Medical Officer Dr Ronan Glynn.
The National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) meets this morning to discuss the reopening of all pubs, as well as how to limit the number of tourists travelling into the country.
Under the Government's reopening plan, all licensed premises are due to be allowed reopen next Monday.
However, officials have raised concerns about the number of new coronavirus cases being recorded here, while publicans say they've yet to be issued with guidelines about how to safely reopen.
Speaking yesterday evening, Dr Glynn said NPHET are concerned about recent COVID-19 data - and there was still a week of data to monitor ahead of the proposed start of 'phase four'.
He said: "We're looking at the reproductive number, and you know last week that that appears to have gone at least to one - if not above one. Our reproductive rate appears to be increasing.
"Our five-day average for new reported cases is increasing. Thankfully, our hospitals and critical care units are very stable and very low levels.
"We're monitoring very closely, and will continue to do so through this week."
Reacting to the comments, Padraic Cribben from the Vintners Federation of Ireland said publicans need clarity immediately.
He said: "There's not actually a full week to go, because pubs need to order stock... they need to engage with their employees... they need to put procedures in place.
"What's going on at the minute is an absolute insult to publicans and the sector."
One popular pub in Dublin city centre yesterday announced that they're postponing their reopening date until "27th July at the earliest" due to the lack of guidelines so far.
1 week from our proposed reopening, the operational guidelines are yet to be released. It is extremely disheartening to see how pubs have been treated in this regard. As a result, we're sorry to announce we must postpone our reopening until 27th July at the earliest. Sorry folks. https://t.co/Km57f7bWB3
— Grogans Castle Lounge (@GrogansPub) July 13, 2020
In a social media post, the owners said: "If public health grounds dictate that it is not safe for us to open just yet, we completely understand and accept that.
"But the very least that should be expected is that we're given fair notice if this is the case."