Dublin Fire Brigade release photos showing dangers of charging phones

Blaze warning over leaving phones covered while charging

Dublin Fire Brigade have issued yet another public warning about the dangers of covering mobile phones while charging.

The capital's fire brigade posted images on Twitter from the scene of a fire, which started because a phone was left charging in a handbag, leading to dangerous heat levels.

The Brigade's latest public message follows previous warnings on the dangers of leaving electrical items charging for prolonged periods of time.

They are urging people not to leave their phones unattended whilst charging as the excessive heat caused whilst charging can easily start a fire.