Cash Machine Terms and Conditions
ITEM 1: COMPETITION NAME
Cash Machine running from the Start Date to the End Date as set out below (the “Competition”).
ITEM 2: PROMOTER
Bauer Media Audio Ireland Limited, registered office: Marconi House, Digges Lane, Dubin 2, D02 TD60, Ireland and registered under limited partnership number LP3374 (the “Promoter”)
This is a Go Loud Network Competition, running across the following radio stations:
Today FM, Newstalk, 98FM, SPIN 1038 and SPIN South West.
ITEM 3: WEBSITE
The websites shall be the following; www.newstalk.com/win
ITEM 4: COMPETITION START DATE, END DATE AND ENTRY PERIODS
Start Date: Monday 11th October at 6:00am
End Date: Friday 22nd October at 3:00pm
The first Entry Period will open on Monday 11 October 2021 at 6:00am and close on Monday 11 October 2021 at 3:00pm
Following this first Entry Period, entries to the Competition will open and close as follows (individually an “Entry Period”, together the “Entry Periods”):
Monday: opens at 6:00am on Monday, closes at 3:00pm on Monday
Tuesday: opens at 4:00pm on Monday, closes at 3:00pm on Tuesday
Wednesday: opens at 4:00pm on Tuesday, closes at 3:00pm on Wednesday
Thursday: opens at 4:00pm on Wednesday, closes at 3:00pm on Thursday
Friday: opens at 4:00pm on Thursday, closes at 3:00pm on Friday
Any entries received before the Start Date or after the End Date (as stated above) will be invalid but you may still be charged.
We reserve the right to broadcast the Competition at any time throughout each day during the broadcast schedule.
Please note that the Competition Entry Period as specified in these Competition terms and conditions are final and are not impacted by the time of broadcast of announcements advertising how to enter the Competition, which may in some circumstances be delayed.
ITEM 5: COMPETITION DETAILS
During the Entry Period, the prize amount (the “Prize”) will be announced on air. The Prize will be the winning answer and will also be the cash amount that entrants are trying to win.
We reserve the right to announce the Prize at any time during the Entry Period. We may also advertise the Prize on the respective Station’s Website, social media or via an SMS marketing message or via any other medium at our absolute discretion.
After the Entry Period has closed, one entrant from all of the valid entries will be selected by automated random draw (the “Draw”).
In order to play the Competition, the entrant must answer their phone within 5 rings. The 5 rings will be judged according to the Station audio recording (for the avoidance of doubt the sound of a “ring ring” shall count as one ring, not two). If they are not in a position to play for any reason then they will be unable to play the Competition, and no other entrant will be called.
The entrant selected may be required to talk to the presenter / programming team, and the call may be recorded and played on-air (assuming there is no breach of these terms and conditions).
The entrant who is randomly selected to play will be asked to name the Prize relevant to that Entry Period of the Competition.
If they give the correct Prize they will win. We may ask an entrant to repeat or confirm their answer.
The entrant will not win the Prize should they:
• fail to answer the phone at all; or
• fail to answer the phone within five rings (according to the station’s audio); or
• give the incorrect Prize; or
• fail to say anything at all; or
• be disconnected for any reason beyond our control
Where there is any doubt in relation to whether or not an entrant has given the correct Prize or the Prize should be awarded, we reserve the right to defer decision making to an off-air adjudicator to check the audio recording with reference to these terms and conditions.
Where there has been a winner, a new Prize will be announced on-air and the pool of entries will be reset for the next Entry Period. Entrants will need to enter again to be eligible to win. All previous entries will not be valid for future Draws.
Where there has not been a winner, there will be a rollover and we reserve the right to announce a new Prize for the next Draw. The Prize will not be lower than the Prize for the previous Draw. All entries from the completed Draw, and any previous Draws, where no winner was declared, will automatically be eligible for the next Draw. Entrants do not need to enter again in order to be eligible but are able to do so if they would like to increase their chances.
We reserve the right to guarantee a winner for a Draw. This will be clearly communicated on-air throughout the Entry Period of that Draw. Where a winner is guaranteed, if the first entrant chosen to play is not declared the winner, another entrant will be drawn at random and asked to play. This process will continue until a winner is declared.
ITEM 6: ROUTES OF ENTRY AND COSTS
Entrants can enter the Competition by sending an SMS message starting with the keyword PLAY to 57599. If the message does not start with the valid Keyword(s), or is not sent to the valid number, it
will not be entered. Entrants will receive an automated SMS response to their SMS message confirming their entry.
Entrants are responsible for all costs associated with entering this Competition. Texts cost €2.50 (from Ireland) + standard network rate. Entrants must have permission from the bill payer before entering the Competition.
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is not responsible for any network or technical issues an entrant may experience, such as latency of the mobile phone network, which may delay or prevent their participation or cause them to lose the Competition if on-air.
ITEM 7: ENTRANT RESTRICTIONS
The Competition is only open to people aged 18 and over who: (i) live in the Republic of Ireland, (ii) are not a Bauer employee or their immediate family (including live-in partner) and (iii) are not an employee of any third-party sponsors or prize providers, or their immediate family (including live-in partner).
You can enter each Draw a maximum of 12 times via SMS. Entrants must obtain permission from the bill payer before texting to enter the Competition.
We reserve the right to run bonus SMS entry incentives throughout the duration of the Competition. These incentives will be communicated via the automated SMS response received to confirm the entry.
Where we operate an incentive, the entry limit may change.
It is possible to be selected more than once to play the Competition between the Start Date and End Date, and if the entrant selected has not previously won the Prize, they are eligible to play again.
ITEM 8: WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
Entrants who are randomly selected will be contacted by the phone number provided with their entry. This may be live on air or off-air. Due to programming schedules, this may not be broadcast on all participating radio stations.
All callers are randomly selected in the same way and any off-air recording will only ever take place after the entries have closed. The name, hometown, photo and any video or audio recording of the winner may also be posted on the Promoter’s Website and / or social media platforms.
By entering the Competition, the entrant is automatically consenting to being called and having their name and location announced on-air.
Entrants are only able to win a single prize throughout the duration of this Competition. Also, if an entrant has won €500 or more in any Bauer Media Competition over the past 6 months they are not eligible to win.
ITEM 9: PRIZE DETAILS
The Prize will always be a cash amount that will be delivered to a winner paid in cash, by bank transfer or by cheque.
Delivery or payment of the Prize is subject to the winner providing personal identification and / or proof of address and to internal compliance checks. The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be
exchanged. Payment of the Prize may take up to 28 days from the point at which the Promoter receives the correct details.
Where, it emerges after the Prize has been awarded that the entrant was in breach of these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to withdraw the Prize from that winner and they will not be entitled to any further reward or remuneration. We reserve the right to exclude individuals who breach our terms and conditions from entering our competitions.
ITEM 10: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENT
We will sometimes (at our discretion) telephone entrants and ask them to speak on-air. They have the right to refuse. If they consent, their voice will be recorded and they consent to this recording being used on our radio broadcasts. Entrants agree that we will own this recording and that a copy of it will be stored for further exploitation, which may include promotion.
Entrants will not be put through to speak on-air if we think they are driving illegally, intoxicated, likely to swear, or otherwise offend our listeners. Whilst on air for the purposes of this competition entrants must not use foul language, swear, say or do anything defamatory or illegal or say or do anything which would damage the reputation of the Promoter, is offensive or inappropriate or which would cause us, or our listeners, harm. Failure to comply will result in disqualification, and if the entrant has won the prize, this will be forfeited.
ITEM 12: OTHER CONDITIONS
We will only accept entries that comply with our terms and conditions and we may disqualify the entrant if we know or suspect that they have breached them. All our decisions relating to the Competition and/or awarding of prizes are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into about the operation of this Competition. We have the right to cancel, amend, terminate or suspend this Competition if forced to do so due to circumstances outside our control.
ITEM 13: CONTACT DETAILS
The promoter of this Competition is Bauer Media Audio Ireland Limited, registered office: Marconi House, Digges Lane, Dubin 2, D02 TD60, Ireland and registered under limited partnership number LP3374 (the “Promoter”)
This is a Go Loud Network Competition, running across the following radio stations:
Today FM, Newstalk, 98FM, SPIN 1038 and SPIN South West. For customer support or any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition Terms & Conditions for Newstalk
- You are deemed to unconditionally acceptance of these terms and conditions when you enter a competition, prize draw, vote or poll (as together with any specific terms for such competition that may be mentioned on–air, in any messages or on Newstalk‘s online or mobile applications.
- It is agreed and accepted by you that Newstalk shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of competitions operated on behalf of third parties (for example, sponsors) (except in respect of death or personal injury directly attributable to Newstalk's negligence).
- All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to each individual competition or prize form part of these terms including but not limited to the rules as set out below.
- The prize is subject to availability and winner confirmation, i.e. Newstalk has managed to contact the winner and confirm eligibility.
- You have made certain representations and warranties to Newstalk (both in these Terms and otherwise) in applying for a place on the competition. Newstalk has relied on the accuracy and truth of such representations and warranties in granting a place to you. Should Newstalk or its agents become aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action undertaken in connection with the competition or otherwise, or any act or omission which might have (in Newstalk’s opinion, which shall be final) an adverse effect on the competition, Newstalk (or any of its radio stations), reserves the right to forfeit your place on the competition (without giving any reason and without notice).
- All competition entries must be in the required format specified before the advertised closing date and Newstalk will not accept any responsibility for incomplete or lost entries or entries that are processed late due to a technical malfunction.
- You agree to co-operate with and comply with all reasonable requests of Newstalk and its agents and employees (and in particular the health and safety team) in connection with the competition and its broadcast.
- You consent to the recording and broadcast of your participation and use of your image as part of the competition.
- The interests and good reputation of Newstalk are paramount and Newstalk may, at its sole discretion, withdraw a place or require you to cease to have any involvement in the competition if it believes it is in the best interests of Newstalk to do so. In particular (without limitation), Newstalk reserves the right to immediately withdraw your place in the competition or the prize if it believes you to be in breach of any of its obligations, or representations and warranties, under these terms or it believes you have conducted yourself in a manner which is inappropriate or unsuitable (in the discretion of Newstalk). You shall be responsible for any additional costs in this respect (including the costs of your any travel to collect the prize, if necessary). You will not by any act or omission do anything, which might bring Newstalk into disrepute.
- You represent and warrant that you do not have any criminal convictions or criminal record and have not undertaken any past act or conduct which could affect the reputation of the competition or Newstalk.
- Staff of Newstalk (employees or contractors), immediate families or other persons connected with this competition are not eligible to enter.
- You must be a resident of the Republic of Ireland. Employees, freelancers and contractors of Newstalk, their families, press, agencies or any persons directly or indirectly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter any competitions.
- You may not enter a competition if you have been given the answers or any other relevant information in relation to the competition, either directly, or indirectly, by any employee of any competition sponsor or prize giver.
- Candidates in any general, national, local or European election will be ineligible, during the period of such election, to enter any competition until after the conclusion of such election.
- The prize is as offered, and no cash alternative will apply.
- You will comply with the instructions and directions of Newstalk (failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification, at Newstalk’s direction).
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be void (at Newstalk’s absolute discretion).
- Newstalk does not accept responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in transit to the competition address. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt (nor will proof that an e-mail or mobile message has been sent rather than received).
- Source material utilised by Newstalk's question compilers shall be taken as correct.
- Late entries will not be accepted (at Newstalk's discretion).
- The decision of Newstalk's judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize will only be awarded to the winner.
- The prize must be claimed within a year.
- Unless otherwise stated all taxes, insurance, fees and surcharges on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Where there are multiple prizes are on offer in a single competition only one win per household will be permitted.
- A person may not win more than one prize valued at €500 or greater (subject to station discretion) within a six-month period following the first win, nor shall any member of such person’s family residing at the same address (including, but not limited to, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents etc.). Newstalk reserves the right to withhold prizes from any such person and to reclaim any such prize if a breach of this rule is subsequently discovered. Where free tickets, "guest list" or complimentary tickets are provided the prize value will be calculated at the promoters advertised ticket price.
- The competition is open to all residents on the island of Ireland aged 18 years and over or with permission of a bill payer.
- You may only enter a competition as an individual; any entries that, in Newstalk’s absolute discretion, have been made via participation in a syndicate will be disqualified.
- Any entries made, in Newstalk’s absolute discretion, via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Newstalk reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address or telephone number unless the specific terms and conditions for the competition state that multiple entries are permitted.
- Newstalk reserves the right to require proof of age and evidence to verify the identity of an entrant at any time and may use any reasonable channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided by the entrant.
- The full name and surname given at the time of entry to any competition or giveaway must precisely match that on the photo ID produced when collecting the prize.
- Use of a false name or address by a competition entrant will disqualify you from receiving any prize.
- Newstalk has relied on the accuracy and truth of such representations and warranties in allowing you to enter the competition or poll. Should Newstalk or its agents become aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action undertaken in connection with the competition or otherwise, or any act or omission which might have (in Newstalk’s opinion, which shall be final) an adverse effect on the competition, Newstalk reserves the right to forfeit your place in the competition (without giving any reason and without notice).
- Newstalk shall be entitled, in its absolute discretion, to cancel a competition with immediate effect by on air announcement (in the case of on-air competitions) or by stating the same on the relevant website (in the case of on-line competitions) without any liability in respect thereof.
- In order to enable Newstalk to correctly identify genuine claims and to eliminate non-genuine, deceitful or fraudulent claims, Newstalk reserves the right to carry out an interview (by telephone or in person with you and to tape record the interview). If you refuse to participate in or answer all questions raised in such an interview without good reason, then your place will be treated as invalidated.
- Newstalk does not accept any liability for claims or prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not validly received by you.
- If the prize is provided by a third party, Newstalk accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the supply or non-supply or purported supply or delay in the supply of the prize, including without limitation, the failure of the winner to receive ownership of or use the prize. Where appropriate, the prize winner is required to complete all applicable booking and/or other formalities directly with specified third-party providers.
- Some competitions may require entrants to take part in a programme in order to win the prize. Where this is required and where an entrant fails to take part as required or takes part but fails a subsequent test of skill which is required to win the prize, that contestant will not be awarded the prize.
- If you fail to answer your telephone when we phone you or you become disconnected for any reason before or during the competition, we reserve the right to select another entrant.
- If a call to a finalist cannot be completed on-air due to technical issues on the part of Newstalk or time restrictions, Newstalk reserves the right to announce the winner on-air on the next programme, in which case the finalists will not be required to take the presenter’s call in order to be deemed winners.
- Newstalk shall be entitled, in its absolute discretion, to cancel a competition with immediate effect by on air announcement (in the case of on-air competitions) or by stating the same online without any liability in respect thereof.
- Neither Newstalk nor its agents accept any responsibility whatsoever for any death, injury, damage, loss, expense or liability arising as a result of winning a prize.
- Newstalk’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Newstalk reserves the right to change any aspect of the prize.
- Newstalk is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
- The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by Newstalk or its associated companies.
- Entry to this competition shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
- If due to circumstances beyond its control a prize becomes unavailable Newstalk reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
- Newstalk accepts no liability (and excludes all liability) for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings or for special, direct, indirect or consequential loss of any nature howsoever arising.
- Newstalk reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- You agree to undertake as requested by Newstalk all interviews, competitions and other activities and to the reproduction publication exhibition transmission and broadcast by all means and media throughout the world at the discretion of Newstalk in perpetuity. Winners must as a condition of the prize participate in all required publicity.
- You grant all the consents, if any, which the company may require under the Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000 in relation to your participation and use of your image and under the laws of any other jurisdiction throughout the world. This shall include the right to alter, edit and compile the audio recording in any way whatsoever. You confirm that the use by Newstalk of the audio recording or image submitted will not infringe any third-party rights and shall indemnify Newstalk for any loss, damage or liability arising in connection therewith.
- The winner and if there is a prize for two, then also their companion may be required to provide their signature as proof of their agreement to relevant waivers, releases and/or consents when taking up the prize. Failure to sign any relevant documentation may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
Entries By Mobile Phone and online
- Entrants are required to follow instructions on websites as indicated in the interaction information. Internet Service Provider fees may apply.
- Texts cost may vary from competition and please be aware that shortcodes may change from competition to competition and in some instances may require two text messages.
- You may need to check with your service provider for details of phone network compatibility.
- You will pay any text messaging charges via your service provider.
- Please take care to follow the exact on-air or online competition instruction as we cannot guarantee competition entry for misspelt entries.
- A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered accompanied by the entrant’s name, address, email address and a phone number.
- Entries not submitted in accordance with rules will be disqualified.
- If you are viewing or listening via an IP-enabled device such as a smartphone or tablet, please remember that the stream may be slower than on a television. If a competition requires you to enter by a deadline dependent on an item in the broadcast no entries from a replay may be accepted.
- Newstalk will not accept responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any network, system, server, provider, or otherwise which may result in entries being lost, inaudible or incomprehensible.
- Bulk entries are void and cannot be accepted.
Entries to competition phone lines
- Phone entrants are required to call the phone number in the competition information and follow the instructions in the recorded phone message.
- Entrants will be required to leave an answer to the relevant question, their full name, address and a daytime contact telephone number. The charge per call will be as indicated in the competition information.
- Calls made from mobile phones and phone lines may vary.
- Once the telephone number is dialled and the entrant is connected the cost of entry will be incurred together with any charge from the network that operates your phone.
Entries with a submitted contribution
- Where entrants are required to submit a contribution (which may include but are not limited to photographs, video, Facetime/Skype audio, live-media images, drawings, entrants must agree to Newstalk’s online terms. Entrants are required to submit copies rather than original material.
- By submitting your contribution, you are deemed to be consenting to allow Newstalk’s use of your material in compliance with the Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000.
- In the case of prizes in the form of free tickets, ticket holders shall be bound by the event promoter's terms and conditions together with those set out on the ticket and the rules and regulations of the venue.
- In the case of prizes in the form of an addition to the "free list" or "guest list" of the event promoter, you must arrive and gain admittance to the venue at the published start time of the event. Late admission to an event is at the event promoters’ discretion. All Guest List admission shall be bound by the event promoter's terms and conditions together with those set out on the actual ticket and the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Newstalk will not be responsible for replacing a prize if a concert or ticketed event has been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is cancelled or postponed.
Competitions with a travel prize
- It is agreed and accepted by you to fully comply with all travel and accommodation arrangements made by Newstalk or its agents in connection with your participation in the competition.
- Certain dates may be excluded when the winner may not take up the prize. Prizes must be taken in accordance with the dates and destinations and number of passengers specified by Newstalk. There will be no cash alternative. There will be no alternative destination.
- Where the prize involves travel or accommodation, Newstalk reserves the right to determine a final date by which the prize must be taken.
- Where the prize necessitates travel and/or attending an event on a specific date, the winner must be available on the date(s) specified by Newstalk in the interaction information and no alternative dates will be available.
- All elements relating to a prize including travel and/or accommodation must be taken up during one period, and not on non-consecutive dates.
- The winner and whoever is accompanying them must hold a valid passport, and the required visa or travel documentation.
- The winner and their companion must travel together, departing from and returning to the same location at the same time and on the same itinerary. All holidays must be taken within 6 months of the date of the competition or will be deemed invalid.
- The prize provider and/or their agents cannot guarantee that seats will be adjacent to each other.
- Where the prize includes a cheque, voucher, or gift card, such a prize will be payable in euros and cannot be made payable to any third party.
- Holidays are non-transferable. Holidays are subject to availability. You must hold a valid Irish passport with at least 6 months' further duration (or competition entry will be invalid).
- Holidays are not available to persons under the age of 18 without the express prior written permission of Newstalk. Children between the ages of 12 and 16 years for the purpose of airfares are considered to be adults. Children under 18 years of age must obtain written consent from a parent or guardian and cannot travel unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside Newstalk's reasonable control, Newstalk reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value. No cash will be offered.
- You must comply with the terms and limitations of any insurance policy relating to the holiday.
- You must comply with the terms and conditions of the airline and other transportation and venues involved in the competition or the prize. In particular, you shall comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- You are not entitled nor authorised in any way to commit Newstalk to any contract, expense or cost entered into or incurred without its advance written acceptance of the same. No variation of these terms is effective unless approved by an authorised representative of Newstalk in writing.
- Passport control and in-country authorities will reserve the right to refuse entry. If you are refused passage and or entry/exit to or from the country being visited, any additional costs incurred will be your sole responsibility.
- Any flights, other transport, airport details, accommodation or other aspects of the prize, dates and times quoted by Newstalk or its agents are for guidance only and are subject to change without notice with no liability arising. You must have sufficient financial resources to meet any financial commitment which they may incur in connection with the prize beyond those included in the prize itself (including, without limitation, transfers to and from an airport, meals and drinks).
- You must comply with and are responsible for attending to any inoculation and health regulations required for your destination.
Avant Money Online Competition T&Cs - Hotel Voucher
- Information on how to enter forms part of these conditions of entry. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions of entry.
- For an entry to be valid, respondents must supply their name and email address for contact purposes.
- Entry is open only to Ireland residents aged 18 years and over. Directors, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, management and employees) of the Promoter or the agencies or companies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
- Prizes will be fulfilled by Newstalk, whose registered address is Marconi House, Digges Lane, Dublin 2.
- Entrants may enter as many times as they wish.
- The competition begins on September 9th and closes at 11:45pm on September 15th (‘Promotion Period’). Internet access required.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to accept and/or to remove, from the websites displaying materials from entries, any materials in any entries the Promoter deems, at its sole discretion, at any time not to comply with the terms as set out herein. If any element of an entry breaches these terms, the Promoter has the right to reject the whole entry, regardless of the stage the entrant has reached in the competition.
- By submitting entries and by agreeing to take part in the competition, entrants hereby grant the Promoter a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, broadcast and perform any elements of the entries.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
- The prize for this promotional period is a stay at the Trinity Hotel in Dublin for 2 nights with the validity period as per prize.
- The competition will close at 11.45pm on September 15th and all valid entries received will be entered into a final draw for the chance to win said prize. Winners will be picked at random from the entries received. The winner will be selected randomly from a database.
- The winner will be contacted by email within 1 month after closing date. If in this time a winner is not available or does not respond to the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to pick another winner at random from the database.
- The winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their names and images in promotional material.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any issue relating to the redemption of the prize voucher. In this case the winner will be subject to the terms and conditions of the selected voucher. More information can be found by contacting them directly
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. In the event for any reason the prize winners do not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winners and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. If for any reason a prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
- If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded, and a new winner of the prize will be determined by the judges.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and counties of residence of the competition winners.
- The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Newstalk, Marconi House, Digges Lane, Dublin 2
- The promoter is Newstalk (the ‘Promoter’) whose registered address is Marconi House, Digges Lane, Dublin 2
- These terms and conditions are governed by Irish Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
Online voting and Polls
- The following general terms and conditions apply to all votes and interactive polls promoted by Newstalk together with any specific terms as set out in the interaction information.
- Open/Close times: The opening and closing time for voting or participating in the interactive poll is as specified in the interaction information. Poll or votes made or received outside of these specified times will not be counted but may still be charged where applicable.
- Newstalk or its agents may suspend, withdraw or re-set any voting or poll and/or may change times for voting and participating in the poll or the rule for participating in the poll or vote in their sole discretion at any time.
- Anyone having difficulties getting through to the voting lines or interactive poll service should wait and then try again within times when the vote or poll is open.
- In order to vote or take part in an interactive poll or vote, you must follow the instructions as set out in the interactive information.
- Your vote will not be counted, or interaction will not be taken into account if you attempt to vote or take part in the poll using a method that is not specified in the interaction information.
- The cost for voting or taking part in the poll is as indicated in the interactive information.
- Where there is a charge for voting or participating in a poll, permission of the bill payer must be obtained. There is no refund where calls are misdialled
- For competitions involving online voting, only one vote for each valid email address will be accepted and we reserve the right to disqualify any entrant making or attempting to make, multiple votes.
- Voting and participating in an interactive poll is intended for individuals as consumers and the programme producers reserve the right to discount votes or polls if they reasonably consider them to have been made other than by individuals as consumers and those within the jurisdiction.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the outcome of a vote or poll, or the operation of any part of the interactive service the decision of Newstalk or its agent shall be final.
- The result of the vote or poll will be established from all eligible votes or poll entries submitted between the opening date/time and the closing date/time of that vote or poll and received by Newstalk and/or the producer of the programme. The outcome of the vote or poll will be revealed and/or published after the lines have closed.
- If there is a tie the producer of the programme or agent may take into account the circumstances and information available to them at the time.
- If you are voting on whether a person continues to participate in a programme and that contestant is unable to perform or is prevented from performing in the programme for any reason, including and without limitation to medical reasons, then the producer will decide if a person can continue in the programme. The producers may use their sole discretion to determine if another contestant may be allowed to participate in the programme.
- The producer or agent reserves the right to discount or disqualify votes activity that excessively manipulate the outcome or polls such as auto-diallers or automated technology or an individual using multiple different phone numbers.
- Newstalk reserves the right to ban an individual from future interactive services and disqualify and/or discount any future entries, votes or polls made in respect of our interactive services.
Health and Safety
- By signing the Agreement, you confirm and warrant that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health is good, and you have no medical condition that could be adversely affected by strenuous exercise or any of the events or activities planned or reasonably expected to be involved in the competition.
- You must take all reasonable steps to ensure your own health and safety. Any behaviour or act or conduct by you which Newstalk considers to pose any medical, security or safety risk will lead to your immediate disqualification (including and without limitation to any abusive behaviour, physical or psychological).
- You are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety standards and the general appropriateness of activities undertaken during the competition and acknowledge that all activities are undertaken at your own risk. You must notify Newstalk of any medical or other condition which may mean that you are unfit for travel or participation in the competition as soon as you become aware of such a condition. Newstalk reserves the right to forfeit your place on the competition or the prize (without liability or compensation) if, in its opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption, or curtailment of the competition.
- You agree not to carry on your person (or in your possession or control) or to purchase or consume during the competition any illegal substance. You acknowledge and agree that alcohol consumption will only be allowed with the express prior consent of Newstalk and the health and safety team, who will have full authority to direct that you shall not consume any more alcohol.
- You will comply with all directions of Newstalk in respect of health and safety (failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification, at Newstalk's discretion).
- You undertake not at any time to disclose, reveal, communicate or otherwise make public any information relating to Newstalk, its business, personnel, servants, agents or officers to anyone.
- You may not publicise your involvement in the competition or the fact that you have won a prize without the prior written permission of Newstalk.
- In the case of competitions which require you to submit audio recordings you grant to Newstalk the unconditional and irrevocable right to broadcast the audio recording(s) submitted by you by live or deferred transmission in all formats (including, without limitation, analogue, digital, internet, cable, satellite and telephony broadcasts). This shall include the right to alter, edit and compile the audio recording in any way whatsoever. You confirm that the use by Newstalk of the audio recording submitted will not infringe any third-party rights and shall indemnify Newstalk for any loss, damage or liability arising in connection therewith.
- You represent and warrant that you have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that you have obtained all consents and permissions in respect of the same.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the competition and the format rights for the competition will vest exclusively in Newstalk for its own use (in its absolute discretion).
Competitions on Social Network Platforms
- These additional terms and conditions apply in respect to competitions presented or operated on the Newstalk page and other pages operated or maintained by Newstalk on the Facebook social networking platform:
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social network platform. You are providing your information to (Newstalk) and not to any social network platform. The information you provide will only be used for the administration of the competition by Newstalk unless otherwise stated.
- No social network platform is liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the promotion, competition or prizes.