The next hearing has been scheduled for May 17th
Foreign Affairs Minister Charlie Flanagan says the trial of Irish man Ibrahim Halawa has been further postponed in Egypt.
A hearing took place earlier, where witness testimony was heard.
The presiding judge also said he intends to make use of new legal provisions involving testimony, which will help with the acceleration of the trial process.
The next hearing has been scheduled for May 17th - resulting in the shortest adjournment in the trial so far.
Minister Flanagan says this "can be taken as a positive sign of momentum in this long running case."
Mr Halawa has been imprisoned since his arrest during August 2013 demonstrations.
The now 21-year-old Dubliner was 17 when he was first detained, having been in prison for 1,361 days.
His mass trial, alongside 493 other defendants, has been adjourned 23 times in Cairo.
The Department of Foreign Affairs say officials were in court Tuesday for the hearing.
Mr Flanagan says: "I welcome that the trial is now moving forward.
"I wish to see it concluded as quickly as possible so that Ibrahim Halawa's ordeal can be brought to an end.
"In the meantime, we will continue to provide every possible consular assistance and support to him."
Irish ambassador to Egypt, Damien Cole, paid a consular visit to Mr Halawa in prison on Sunday May 7th.
Minister Flanagan added: "The ambassador conveyed some clear messages on my behalf - that the Government is continuing to do everything possible to secure his release; that we are maintaining maximum pressure on Egypt on his behalf; that we are determined to see that he is returned to Ireland soon; and that he should look after his health."
"This case continues to be a high priority for the Government. We will continue to provide all possible consular care."