Would you like to be €10,000 richer by the weekend?
Tune in all week for Newstalk’s 10K Payday - we’re giving you the chance to win €10,000.
All you have to do is answer one question and the money could be in your account this Friday.
To be in with a chance to win just answer this simple question
What animal was on the old Irish one pound coin?
Text the word ‘WIN’, your answer, name and area to 57599.
Texts cost €2.50 and you have to be over 18 to enter.
Lines close this Friday May 28th at 5pm and the winner will be announced on The Hard Shoulder on Friday evening.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- You are deemed to unconditionally acceptance of these terms and conditions when you enter a competition, prize draw, vote or poll (as together with any specific terms for such competition that may be mentioned on–air, in any messages or on Newstalk‘s online or mobile applications.
- It is agreed and accepted by you that Newstalk shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of competitions operated on behalf of third parties (for example, sponsors) (except in respect of death or personal injury directly attributable to Newstalk's negligence).
- All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to each individual competition or prize form part of these terms including but not limited to the rules as set out below.
- The prize is subject to availability and winner confirmation, i.e. Newstalk has managed to contact the winner and confirm eligibility.
- You have made certain representations and warranties to Newstalk (both in these Terms and otherwise) in applying for a place on the competition. Newstalk has relied on the accuracy and truth of such representations and warranties in granting a place to you. Should Newstalk or its agents become aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action undertaken in connection with the competition or otherwise, or any act or omission which might have (in Newstalk’s opinion, which shall be final) an adverse effect on the competition, Newstalk (or any of its radio stations), reserves the right to forfeit your place on the competition (without giving any reason and without notice).
- All competition entries must be in the required format specified before the advertised closing date and Newstalk will not accept any responsibility for incomplete or lost entries or entries that are processed late due to a technical malfunction.
- You agree to co-operate with and comply with all reasonable requests of Newstalk and its agents and employees (and in particular the health and safety team) in connection with the competition and its broadcast.
- You consent to the recording and broadcast of your participation and use of your image as part of the competition.
- The interests and good reputation of Newstalk are paramount and Newstalk may, at its sole discretion, withdraw a place or require you to cease to have any involvement in the competition if it believes it is in the best interests of Newstalk to do so. In particular (without limitation), Newstalk reserves the right to immediately withdraw your place in the competition or the prize if it believes you to be in breach of any of its obligations, or representations and warranties, under these terms or it believes you have conducted yourself in a manner which is inappropriate or unsuitable (in the discretion of Newstalk). You shall be responsible for any additional costs in this respect (including the costs of your any travel to collect the prize, if necessary). You will not by any act or omission do anything, which might bring Newstalk into disrepute.
- You represent and warrant that you do not have any criminal convictions or criminal record and have not undertaken any past act or conduct which could affect the reputation of the competition or Newstalk.
- Staff of Newstalk (employees or contractors), immediate families or other persons connected with this competition are not eligible to enter.
- You must be a resident of the Republic of Ireland. Employees, freelancers and contractors of Newstalk, their families, press, agencies or any persons directly or indirectly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter any competitions.
- You may not enter a competition if you have been given the answers or any other relevant information in relation to the competition, either directly, or indirectly, by any employee of any competition sponsor or prize giver.
- Candidates in any general, national, local or European election will be ineligible, during the period of such election, to enter any competition until after the conclusion of such election.
- The prize is as offered, and no alternative will apply.
- You will comply with the instructions and directions of Newstalk (failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification, at Newstalk’s direction).
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be void (at Newstalk’s absolute discretion).
- Newstalk does not accept responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in transit to the competition address. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt (nor will proof that an e-mail or mobile message has been sent rather than received).
- Source material utilised by Newstalk's question compilers shall be taken as correct.
- Late entries will not be accepted (at Newstalk's discretion).
- The decision of Newstalk's judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize will only be awarded to the winner.
- The prize must be claimed within a year.
- Unless otherwise stated all taxes, insurance, fees and surcharges on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Where there are multiple prizes are on offer in a single competition only one win per household will be permitted.
- A person may not win more than one prize valued at €500 or greater (subject to station discretion) within a six-month period following the first win, nor shall any member of such person’s family residing at the same address (including, but not limited to, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents etc.). Newstalk reserves the right to withhold prizes from any such person and to reclaim any such prize if a breach of this rule is subsequently discovered. Where free tickets, "guest list" or complimentary tickets are provided the prize value will be calculated at the promoters advertised ticket price.
- The competition is open to all residents on the island of Ireland aged 18 years and over or with permission of a bill payer.
- You may only enter a competition as an individual; any entries that, in Newstalk’s absolute discretion, have been made via participation in a syndicate will be disqualified.
- Any entries made, in Newstalk’s absolute discretion, via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Newstalk reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address or telephone number unless the specific terms and conditions for the competition state that multiple entries are permitted.
- Newstalk reserves the right to require proof of age and evidence to verify the identity of an entrant at any time and may use any reasonable channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided by the entrant.
- The full name and surname given at the time of entry to any competition or giveaway must precisely match that on the photo ID produced when collecting the prize.
- Use of a false name or address by a competition entrant will disqualify you from receiving any prize.
- Newstalk has relied on the accuracy and truth of such representations and warranties in allowing you to enter the competition or poll. Should Newstalk or its agents become aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action undertaken in connection with the competition or otherwise, or any act or omission which might have (in Newstalk’s opinion, which shall be final) an adverse effect on the competition, Newstalk reserves the right to forfeit your place in the competition (without giving any reason and without notice).
- Newstalk shall be entitled, in its absolute discretion, to cancel a competition with immediate effect by on air announcement (in the case of on-air competitions) or by stating the same on the relevant website (in the case of on-line competitions) without any liability in respect thereof.
- In order to enable Newstalk to correctly identify genuine claims and to eliminate non-genuine, deceitful or fraudulent claims, Newstalk reserves the right to carry out an interview (by telephone or in person with you and to tape record the interview). If you refuse to participate in or answer all questions raised in such an interview without good reason, then your place will be treated as invalidated.
- Newstalk does not accept any liability for claims or prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not validly received by you.
- If the prize is provided by a third party, Newstalk accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the supply or non-supply or purported supply or delay in the supply of the prize, including without limitation, the failure of the winner to receive ownership of or use the prize. Where appropriate, the prize winner is required to complete all applicable booking and/or other formalities directly with specified third-party providers.
- Some competitions may require entrants to take part in a programme in order to win the prize. Where this is required and where an entrant fails to take part as required or takes part but fails a subsequent test of skill which is required to win the prize, that contestant will not be awarded the prize.
- If you fail to answer your telephone when we phone you or you become disconnected for any reason before or during the competition, we reserve the right to select another entrant.
- If a call to a finalist cannot be completed on-air due to technical issues on the part of Newstalk or time restrictions, Newstalk reserves the right to announce the winner on-air on the next programme, in which case the finalists will not be required to take the presenter’s call in order to be deemed winners.
- Newstalk shall be entitled, in its absolute discretion, to cancel a competition with immediate effect by on air announcement (in the case of on-air competitions) or by stating the same online without any liability in respect thereof.
- Neither Newstalk nor its agents accept any responsibility whatsoever for any death, injury, damage, loss, expense or liability arising as a result of winning a prize.
- Newstalk’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Newstalk reserves the right to change any aspect of the prize.
- Newstalk is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
- The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by Newstalk or its associated companies.
- Entry to this competition shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
- If due to circumstances beyond its control a prize becomes unavailable Newstalk reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
- Newstalk accepts no liability (and excludes all liability) for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings or for special, direct, indirect or consequential loss of any nature howsoever arising.
- Newstalk reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- You agree to undertake as requested by Newstalk all interviews, competitions and other activities and to the reproduction publication exhibition transmission and broadcast by all means and media throughout the world at the discretion of Newstalk in perpetuity. Winners must as a condition of the prize participate in all required publicity.
- You grant all the consents, if any, which the company may require under the Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000 in relation to your participation and use of your image and under the laws of any other jurisdiction throughout the world. This shall include the right to alter, edit and compile the audio recording in any way whatsoever. You confirm that the use by Newstalk of the audio recording or image submitted will not infringe any third-party rights and shall indemnify Newstalk for any loss, damage or liability arising in connection therewith.
- The winner and if there is a prize for two, then also their companion may be required to provide their signature as proof of their agreement to relevant waivers, releases and/or consents when taking up the prize. Failure to sign any relevant documentation may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- Entrants are required to follow instructions on websites as indicated in the interaction information. Internet Service Provider fees may apply.
- Texts cost may vary from competition and please be aware that shortcodes may change from competition to competition and in some instances may require two text messages.
- You may need to check with your service provider for details of phone network compatibility.
- You will pay any text messaging charges via your service provider.
- Please take care to follow the exact on-air or online competition instruction as we cannot guarantee competition entry for misspelt entries.
- A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered accompanied by the entrant’s name, address, email address and a phone number.
- Entries not submitted in accordance with rules will be disqualified.
- If you are viewing or listening via an IP-enabled device such as a smartphone or tablet, please remember that the stream may be slower than on a television. If a competition requires you to enter by a deadline dependent on an item in the broadcast no entries from a replay may be accepted.
- Newstalk will not accept responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any network, system, server, provider, or otherwise which may result in entries being lost, inaudible or incomprehensible.
- Bulk entries are void and cannot be accepted.