An English fire service says it was 'seriously unimpressed' by the incident
A fire service in the UK has said it is 'seriously unimpressed' after five of its firefighters were called to help a 'YouTube prankster' who got a microwave stuck on his head.
West Midlands Fire Service detailed the incident on social media, which happened when the 22-year-old man put the appliance on his head and 'glued it onto his head with polyfilla'.
The microwave is said to have been stuck on the man's head for 90 minutes before emergency services were called.
We're seriously unimpressed 😡.— West Midlands Fire (@WestMidsFire) December 7, 2017
Five of our firefighters were tied up for an hour this afternoon, freeing a YouTube pranker whose head had been 'cemented' inside a microwave oven. Read more: https://t.co/6bZReGuKQX (Photos © West Midlands Fire Service) pic.twitter.com/2ch2UhszeH
Simon Woodward, station commander, spoke about the incident in a video statement posted online.
He explained: "When we turned up, we struggled to remove that microwave from his head - it took us over 60 minutes. We also needed to involve our specialist technical rescue team to do that.
"When we are intending incidents that are YouTube videos where we have people who have been irresponsible, crews are unable to attend life-risk incidents."
While he pointed out there is usually a £650 (€740) charge when they are called out to deal with cases where people 'have been irresponsible', Mr Woodward said they will not charge the video-maker in this case because his life was actually in danger.
However, he reminded people "not to put their lives at risk for the sake of other people's entertainment".