Newstalk is Ireland’s fastest growing independent media brand. We believe in enlisting and empowering journalists to do impactful, editorially ambitious work. We believe in a collaborative culture. We are looking for someone who would thrive in such an environment and contribute to it.
- Editorial management of the station’s evening drive offering – Newstalk Drive
- Devise and drive JNLR growth strategy
- Develop new programming initiatives
- Manage forward planning initiatives
- Develop innovative digital ideas that are integrated across platform with the dual aim of driving audience on air and online
- Manage relationships with presenters and producers
- Work with commercial department on identifying sponsorship and promotion opportunities and revenue generators
- Develop outside broadcast plans
- Undertake weekly air checking
- Work with Programme Director in developing and managing content across the schedule
- Identify and nurture new on-air talent
- Identify and coordinate training opportunities for staff
- Develop freelance panel to identify future Producers and Researchers
- Provide legal guidance to team on output and ensure all output is free of libel
- Ensure all complaints and legal issues pertaining to the programme are reported to the Programme Director and dealt with in a prompt and professional manner
- Work with imaging department to develop effective communication of overall station and programme identity on air
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in senior production media role
- Experience in working with and managing a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience in developing and implementing strategy
- Excellent communication skills
It is Newstalk 106–108fm's belief that the success of the business is dependent on providing a forum where each employee can grow and develop, therefore we actively encourage employees to apply for any position within the company where they possess the appropriate skills.
Closing date for applications is Friday 3rd March 2017.
Shortlisting of candidates for interview is likely to apply.
Newstalk 106 – 108fm is an equal opportunities employer.
Please send your letter of application together with your CV to email@example.com