Kilpie dog Jack stopped breathing after strangling himself with a lead
A sheep farmer from Victoria, Australia says he saved his dog's life by giving him mouth-to-nose resuscitation.
Glenn Rowe's six-year-old Kilpie, named Jack, stopped breathing after strangling himself with a lead on a quad bike.
Rowe told 7 News Sydney: "I pressed on his chest...to try and get him going.
"And then I had to get his mouth back and put my mouth over his nose and blow.
"I did that for a little bit, and then he started to come good and start breathing."
Rowe says this was out of character for him: "I'm not one of these people who would let the dog lick them or anything, and I thought 'No I'm not worrying about doing it - I've just got to do it'".
"He was very glassy-eyed, I thought he might have brain damage - but he's good as new... I was very lucky".